Sweet Potato Lentil Rice Bowl
A hearty dish that goes great by itself or as a side.
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1½ cup brown rice cooked
- 2 cups kale steamed
- ½ cup brown lentils rinsed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ onion diced
- ¼ bouillon cube
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup water
- Steam the sweet potato (skin on) cubes in a steamer basket with the kale.1 sweet potato, 2 cups kale
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a medium saucepan until translucent and fragrant.1 garlic clove, ¼ onion
- Add lentils, bouillon, cumin, and water. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce to simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.½ cup brown lentils, ¼ bouillon cube, 1 tsp cumin, 1 cup water
- While the lentils are cooking, cook the brown rice according to the package directions.1½ cup brown rice
- To assemble the rice bowl, add your rice, then the sweet potato and kale, then layer in the lentils. Add salt and pepper to taste.