Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 Ice Cream Maker
- 1 bar Ghiardelli chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- Place ice cream bowl in freezer 24 hours prior to making ice cream.
Ice cream batter
- Stir together milk, heavy cream, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.2 cups milk, 2 cups heavy cream, 1 cup white sugar, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Optionally add green food coloring to your liking.3 drops green food coloring
- Following the instructions for your ice cream mixer, add batter to the bowl and allow to mix as directed.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice or shave the chocolate bar to get ~1 cup of shavings or chips.1 bar Ghiardelli chocolate
- 10 minutes into the mixing process add the chocolate shavings/chips.
- Once ripening is complete (about 30 minutes), transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe bowl or dish and freeze for an additional 1-2 hours to harden.