Chai spiced breakfast quinoa
We've got a wholesome and hearty cinnamon quinoa breakfast for you today, good for summer sliding into fall.
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup unsweet almond milk
- 1 chai tea bag
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Fruit of your choice
- Chopped nuts
- coconut flakes
- dash of cinnamon
- Before cooking the quinoa, make sure to rinse it well to remove any bitter taste.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond milk and chai tea bag. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the tea bag and stir in the sugar.1 cup unsweet almond milk, 1 chai tea bag, 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add in the quinoa. Cook covered for about 15-20 minutes.½ cup quinoa
- When quinoa is done, remove from heat and keep covered for another 5-10 minutes until the milk is absorbed.
- To serve, place quinoa in a bowl and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!Fruit of your choice, Chopped nuts, coconut flakes, dash of cinnamon